APR's ECU Upgrades are the best pound-per-horsepower modification one can make to improve engine performance. The upgrades dramatically increase horsepower and torque, making for an exceptionally quicker and more exciting vehicle. This is made possible through APR's optimisation of the factory engine management system to take full advantage of the engine's capabilities, without needing any end user adjustment. The ECU Upgrades are available with various features and supported octane levels and each stage is compatible with most typical bolt-on modifications. The software is installed to the vehicle's factory ECU through the OBD-II port, resulting in a clean and headache-free install.
- Horsepower - More horsepower throughout the whole rpm band
- Torque - More torque throughout the whole rpm band
- Program Switching - Change programs and access features with your cruise control stalk (Additional Charge)
- APR Mobile - Change programs and access features with your smart device (Additional Charge)
- Valet Mode – Neuters the vehicle, giving the driver minimal output (Additional Charge)
- Anti-Theft – Password protects driving the vehicle (Additional Charge)
- Security Lockout – Password protects program switching (Additional Charge)
- Fault Code Erase – Resets ECU fault codes and adaption on the fly (Additional Charge)
- Stages - Multiple performance levels depending on installed hardware
- Low Grip - Multiple profiles designed to enhance launching in low and high grip situations
- Fuel Grades - Multiple octanes from which to choose
- Ethanol - Ethanol support from E60-E85 for maximum performance
- Acceleration - Accelerate faster with more power and reduced throttle lag
- Linear Throttle - Pedal maps adjusted for a more linear feel
- Brake Boosting - Left foot braking or brake boosting added
- Rev Limiter - Increased redline for higher revving
- Standing Limiter - Increased standing limiter for higher revving at idle
- Speed Limiter - Go as fast as you want with the speed limiter out of the way
- Motorsport Limiter - With the soft limiter removed, you’ll get full power right up to the hard, "bap bap bap" redline fuel cut
- Auto Start/Stop Inversion - Auto Start/Stop defaults to the off position
- Exhaust Flaps - Enhanced power delivery and drivability through recalibrated exhaust flap actuation
- Added Safety - Additional safety features and protection modes added
- Boost Gauge - The factory boost gauge displays accurate boost and reacts more quickly
- Power and Torque Gauges - The factory power and torque gauges are accurately rescaled
- Economy - While cruising, or driving normally, your fuel economy may benefit from our optimised calibration
- Direct Port Programming - Clean and easy install through the OBD II port without removing the ECU
APR Stage 1
This simple upgrade requires no engine hardware modifications and produces 426-501 HP with 426-487 FT-LBS of torque. To get more power, the vehicle can be outfitted with an upgraded intake, intercooler, catback exhaust, and various other bolt-on modifications all without requiring any new modifications to the ECU. This stage has optional high and low grip modes designed to reduce wheel spin and aid in 60 FT and 0-60 times depending on surface prep. APR recommends NGK heat range 9 (NGK-R7437-9) spark plugs gapped to 0.024" ±0.002" or 0.6mm ±0.05mm with a change interval of 10-15,000 mi or 16-24,000 km.
APR Stage 1 Plus
This simple upgrade requires a turbo inlet system, intercooler and no other engine hardware modifications and produces 440-515 HP with 431-492 FT-LBS of torque. To get more power, the vehicle can be outfitted with an upgraded intake, catback exhaust, and various other bolt-on modifications all without requiring any new modifications to the ECU. This stage has optional high and low grip modes designed to reduce wheel spin and aid in 60 FT and 0-60 times depending on surface prep. APR recommends NGK heat range 9 (NGK-R7437-9) spark plugs gapped to 0.024" ±0.002" or 0.6mm ±0.05mm with a change interval of 10-15,000 mi or 16-24,000 km.
APR Calibration Report
|Stage||HP||TQ||Max Gain||Max Gain|
|Stock As Reported by VAG ||394 HP||354 FT-LBS |
|Stock As Measured by APR ||384 HP ||356 FT-LBS |
|APR Stage 1|
|95 RON||426 HP ||426 FT-LBS ||+54 HP ||+84 FT-LBS
|98 RON||438 HP ||436 FT-LBS ||+61 HP ||+94 FT-LBS
|102 RON||463 HP ||456 FT-LBS ||+83 HP ||+114 FT-LBS
|E85||501 HP ||487 FT-LBS ||+121 HP ||+145 FT-LBS
|APR Stage 1+|
|95 RON||440 HP ||431 FT-LBS ||+63 HP ||+88 FT-LBS
|98 RON||452 HP ||441 FT-LBS ||+74 HP ||+98 FT-LBS
|102 RON||476 HP ||461 FT-LBS ||+96 HP ||+118 FT-LBS
|E85||515 HP ||492 FT-LBS ||+136 HP ||+149 FT-LBS
Only use fuel equal to or higher than specified. Never use a lower octane fuel. Dynos are for reference only. Results will vary. Contributing factors include the vehicle condition, vehicle setup, dyno type, dyno setup, environmental factors, fuel quality, and more. When describing fuels, the North American Region (NAR) uses the Anti-Knock Index (AKI), (RON+MON)/2, or (R+M)/2. The Rest of the World (ROW) uses RON. RON is Research Octane Number and MON is Motor Octane Number.
APR EMCS Program Switching - Additional Charge
Program switching allows you to access additional program modes and features from your cruise control stalk or your smart device with APR Mobile. Depending on the ECU, available memory, and selected options, up to four program modes and all features, can be installed.
- Stock Mode - Go back to the stock power levels.
- Performance Modes - Switch between octanes and program modes.
- Valet Mode - Neuters the vehicle, giving the driver minimal output.
- Security Lockout - Password protects program switching.
- Anti-Theft - Password protects driving the vehicle.
- Fault Code Erase - Resets ECU fault codes and adaptation.
APR’s ECU Upgrade development starting with the Non-OPF model has been full tested for the better part of a year prior to a public release. This includes summer and winter weather testing on multiple continents, high and low altitude testing, extensive track testing at multiple road courses, extensive drag strip testing and extensive road and daily driving testing. APR’s test vehicles are full instrumented with multiple sensors, including pre and post intercooler temperature and pressure sensors, pre and post turbine temperature and backpressure sensors, pre and post catalyst temperature and pressure sensors, and multiple pressure sensors throughout the intake system. APR test vehicles have seen over 700 HP in various configurations, on the stock engine internals, and have set multiple world records, including 10.5 second stage 1 quarter mile passes, and 9 second stage 3 passes.
The APR Difference